Sunday

Through Her Eyes

                                                      
I wrote shortly after Christmas about Claire’s excitement after receiving a digital camera for Christmas from her Aunt Nikki and Uncle Matt. I finally got around to taking a look at what she’s been photographing and I laughed out loud at many of the images and marveled over the beauty of the “everyday” she captured. I’d like to think I was looking through her eyes at things that are important to her: family, friends, animals, her special toys and favorite places in our home…

Claire Camera Pics1

I'm glimpsing happiness as she smooshed her face close to ours to fill her camera’s frame, excitement as she stalked her grandparents’ kitties, pride in a stack of clean dishes after lunch...

…and perhaps remorse at this unidentified bit of food on the floor? Haha, sure.

IMG_0131


The photos are too small to blow up and frame, but I’m cherishing this little glimpse into her world (and happy to record it here, of course!)

Claire Camera Pics

“Why did you take pictures of the carpet and the floor, Claire?”
“Because that is where I sit on the colors.”

Oh. I see…sort of.

Even home with Claire full time she’s her own little spirit now, independent (fiercely so some days) and I’m often on the outside looking in. It’s fascinating to have the camera reversed and to see through the eyes of a three year old -- if only through the small and limited scope of a camera.
I find having a little one around tends to open your eyes up to something unexpected, do you?

5 comments:

  1. Emily and Juliette have a camera like that too. They love taking pictures of EVERYTHING with it. I love the pictures your little one took, I am now motivated me to put all of Emily and Juliette's on the computer too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you totally should, like I said the quality isn't great but if you throw them in a collage I think it makes quite a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to see the world through your child's eyes! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kerri - I know! I'm so glad I went through them. I have a few learning activities planned with that little camera too -- stay tuned! Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great. My daughter Molly got a camera for her birthday, and I love looking through the pictures. Great idea to put them in a collage. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete